Rocklands Youth FC Ethos
Provide football to children of all ages and ability in a safe and friendly environment.
- Deliver age appropriate coaching.
- Offer a challenging but supportive environment where children can learn and develop from their mistakes without pressure or worry.
- Promote good behaviour by all and respect for others.
- Provide age appropriate coaching in a safe, friendly environment.
- Develop the whole player using the four corners of the Football Association LTPD model. Social, psychological, physical, technical cover.
Role of the Coach
- Mentor – listen to players, advise and extend their thinking.
- Motivate – Set age appropriate challenges.
- Friend – Set the environment, Friendly, Fun, Fair.
- Facilitator – Allow players to express themselves.
- Encourages players to try new things.
- Supports and inspires through practice and game time.
- Understand each child as unique.
- Puts the child and their needs at the centre of all activity.
- Communicates using age appropriate language and technique.